1 Year Of The Blog And Updates
A little more than a year ago, I shared a facebook post about how I was in the grips of this demon known as clinical depression. In order to have a scale so that people could know how bad things really were, I self administered various depression tests online and these were the results I got,
Scores in 2017
- I scored a 34 on the Hamilton scale, where anything above 23 is considered severe.
- 73 out of possible 80 in Zung Self-Rating Depression Scale.
- 50 on Montgomery-Åsberg Depression Rating Scale where anything more 35 is severe.
Well, it is the first anniversary of the day I started my blog. I thought the best way to truly measure my improvement would be re-take these tests and see where I stand now and these were the results I got,
Scores in 2018
- I scored 13 on the Hamilton scale; indicating mild depression and a drop of a massive 21 points from a year ago.
- 40 out of a possible 80 on the Zung Self-Rating Depression Scale and,
- 16 on the Montgomery-Åsberg Depression Rating Scale. A drop of 34(!!) points from the year before.
It is clear that I am in a much better place than I was, although not completely normal yet. The rate at which I am improving is evident of the fact that writing this blog, among other things, is having a very positive effect on me.
Although I would like to point out that it hasn’t been all uphill along the way. It wasn’t a straight arrow pointing upwards but more of a hilly ridge which waxes and wanes with time.
Moreover, I am not going to stop just here. I am going to do more and more to help people who are in the same place as I used to be. Now I have more allies than I used to have so it is going to be less of a challenge for me now.
A big thank you to everyone who has been with me so far, all of my followers, friends and family. I couldn’t have done this without you guys. I would have tried, but failed miserably. Here is to hoping there will be more of us to celebrate the next milestone.